We’re looking for a driven Meeting & Events Specialist (32 – 40 hours) to join our team at our client European Logistics Campus (ELC) in Laakdal, Belgium!
The person will manage seamless and inspiring meetings and events (live, digital or hybrid) for the European Logistics Campus and offsite of our client.
The ideal candidate is able to deliver high quality event experiences and maintain a clear overview while working on multiple requests at the same time. You manage the event cycle from planning to execution and post event tasks and oversee the event budgets.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As European Logistics Campus (ELC) Meeting & Event Specialist, you will join the ELC events team which is responsible for all events on campus (B2B); from very simple meetings to more complex experiences with production and offsite components involved.
From the moment that the request comes in you are in charge of making sure all requested services will be handled in a highly efficient and timely manner according to the high-quality standards and in line with event strategy of our client.
It is all about an outstanding employee experience and achieving that by providing the highest level of service.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Reporting to the Event Operations Manager, you are part of the Events Team at ELC and the Global Places and Services Team. This team designs and builds environments and experiences for our client and athletes by investing in locations, events, nutrition, sports and mobility.
You will work with internal stakeholders on their request and ensure that their meeting & event execution is flawless.
You will work closely with cross-functional partners and external (event) agencies to provide, manage and execute meetings & events.
- Manage and coordinate ELC based meetings & events from intake to evaluation (digital, hybrid and in-person) .
- Negotiate rates with suppliers for services and activities.
- Coordinate and monitor budgets during the process of the event followed by financial reconciliation.
- Act as consultant, helping the business to make the right decisions.
- Create run of show documents.
- Setup attendee registration websites and send out communications to attendees through the registration tool.
- Set up and manage the Events App.
- Manage timely & clear communication to internal and external stakeholders, project team, attendees, and other relevant business partners.
- Drive efficient processes throughout meeting and events execution.
- Coordinate the availability of on campus event spaces and accommodate as many requests as possible.
- Enter all relevant meeting details in the back-office tool and keep accurate records for data recording purposes.
- Initiate evaluation meetings with suppliers to provide feedback on service deliverables.
- Challenge current processes and look for improvements.
- Strong organizational skills and experience managing multiple events at the same time from request to execution.
- Flexible, able to adapt fast, proactive and able to prioritize.
- Passionate about efficiency through technology and innovation.
- 5* hospitality and event service provider.
- Open minded, innovative, able to think out of the box and always trying to find solutions.
- Knowledge of the Belgian event and hospitality market is a plus (restaurants, venues, suppliers etc.)
- Hotel or event education and experience within the event industry.
- Fluent in Flemish and English, both written and spoken.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners.
- Ability to work well under pressure, stress-resistant and adapt to fast-changing demands.
- Experience hosting digital events and extensive knowledge of digital platforms such as Zoom.
- Knowledge of attendee management tools such as Cvent is a plus.
- Experience managing event apps.
- Experience managing event apps.
- Just do It mentality.
Do you think you meet the profile requirements and does this job description excites you?
Don’t hesitate to share your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org